Why we decided to structure the release of Version 2.0 into 3 Phases and how we’ll go about releasing it.
- 2.0 release date delayed until further notice
- 2.0 release has been structured into 3 Phases.
- We’re currently in Phase 1.
Let me illustrate each phase to you.
We’re currently implementing 2.0 on the platforms of our implementation & keys in hand eLearning platform setup service customers.
These are customers who delegated construction, maintenance, management, and hosting of their platforms to our company.
They’re on monthly or yearly platform maintenance service contracts and they’re paying us to build and/or upgrade and maintain their Platforms for them.
We work with these customers on a daily basis, listen to their feedback, accept and execute custom development jobs of features they ask us to build for them, and much more.
2.0 comes with many changes, some of them are major/fundamental changes and each Platform is unique both in setup and configuration.
The very close relationship we have with these service customers of ours enables us to evaluate each case on its own and come up with a custom-tailored Platform Upgrade strategy and plan.
It’s the best way to make sure all goes well during the transition from 1.12 to 2.0 which is especially important for businesses with active or soon to be active/sales-making Platforms.
If you want us to evaluate your specific setup and learning platform and execute the upgrade for you we do charge between 500$ to 2500$+ for the upgrade process.
For a personalized evaluation of your use case and a precise quote you can apply here: https://elearncommerce.com/hire-and-delegate/
During Phase 1 we actively collect the wishes and desires of our implementation and upgrade customers.
We add these wishes and improvements to eLearnCommerce.
We also do actively resolve issues that arise on the spot.
Once we’re done with Phase 1 (no date has been confirmed yet) we will move to…
- Phase 2 will begin with the launch of the eLearnCommerce Academy which will be built using Version 2.0.
- With the launch of the Academy, we will be leaving Facebook and will NOT deliver implementation support in the Facebook group any longer.
- Implementation Support and other Services will exclusively be delivered to our customers through the eLearnCommerce Academy.
- During Phase 2 we will upgrade a “limited number” of Platforms we’ll handpick and select among those customers which have applied to be upgraded to 2.0 in
exchange for being featured in our marketing and promotional materials.
- No timeline has been established yet for when Phase 2 will start.
During Phase 1 and Phase 2 we’ll create a detailed Platform upgrade documentation.
This document will contain all the experiences we collected during phase 1 and phase 2.
It will precisely outline how you can upgrade your platform to 2.0 independently.
We want you to be able to execute the upgrade without the need to contact our support line at all.
The upgrade documentation will precisely outline:
1.: what you need to consider and how to plan your upgrade to 2.0.
Depending on your setup you might need to make changes and you might need to take a few decisions.
Our Transition Documentation will help you make those changes and make those decisions.
2.: all the new features that have been added and documentation for each one.
Once this is ready we’ll move to…
The public release of Version 2.0 (release date to be announced)
That’s all for today!
All the best